This coming week is likely to be chaotic and full of twists and turns. It’s incredibly stressful right now to adjust to so many things so significantly, all at once. And by all measures, we are all going to be susceptible to a variety of increasingly aggressive measures to contain the virus. There is little to nothing we can do about that other than follow the CDC guidelines to the best of our ability.
As we approach a new week, consider looking ahead: 4-6 months from now. What can you do now that will help you a few months?
Here are some suggestions:
- Reduce unnecessary expenses. You needed to do that anyway, so get to it. If you have a P&L review it carefully. If you don’t, then review your credit card statements and bank statements back 6 months. What do you see that you don’t recognize? Time to cancel some of those unnecessary subscriptions.
- Focus on a new fitness routine. No better time to focus on your health it seems! So what can you do to really move the needle there? Stress management is key. This is going to be a marathon.
- Identify a relationship that needs mending. Don’t let a good crisis go to waste, reconnect with someone you had a falling out with. The virus is a good bridge builder it seems.
- Do you know that reading list? How about getting through a few books? Might as well come out of this whole thing smarter.
- The virus is a good excuse to cancel just about anything you never wanted in the first place or were tired of and weren’t confident enough to end. You are creative. Come out of this thing with a clean slate across the board.